Winners of the 1st edition (2007)
1st Prize - Vitez (Bosnia and Herzegovina),
2nd Prize - Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
3rd Prize - Novi Sad (Serbia)
Members of the jury are distinguished personalities with longstanding experience in Roma policies, as well as Roma representatives.
For the 2008 edition members were:
· Yavuz Mildon, President of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities – joint president of the panel of judges
· Henry Scicluna, Council of Europe Coordinator on Roma activities – joint president of the panel of judges
· Rudko Kawczynski, President of the European Roma and Travellers’ Forum
· Thomas Hammarberg, Human Rights Commissioner of the Council of Europe
· Victoria Mohacsi, Roma MEP (member of the European Parliament)
Award ceremony of the 2008 edition
Date: Wednesday 4 March 2009 as from 12 pm
Location: Hemicycle of the Council of Europe, Strasbourg (France)
Description: Ian Micallef, President a.i. of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe, and Henry Scicluna, Council of Europe Co-ordinator on Roma activities, will award the Dosta!-Congress Prize for municipalities, during an official ceremony.
Mayor of Mostar Ljubo Beslic,
Mayor of Prijedor Marko Pavic,
Mayor of Volos Alekos Voulgaris
Mayor of Lom Penka Penkova
will be present to receive the prize.
At the end of the award ceremony, artist Simona Jovic will perform a traditional Roma dance from the Balkans.
More information: www.coe.int/congress-dosta