Media advisory - 074(2010)
Council of Europe Conference of Ministers responsible for Spatial/Regional Planning (CEMAT) meets in Moscow
Dates: 8 and 9 July 2010
Location: Moscow (Russian Federation)
Organised by the Council of Europe and the Russian Ministry of Regional Development.
Description: At a time when CEMAT is celebrating its 40th anniversary, the Ministers responsible for Spatial/Regional Planning in the 47 member states of the Council of Europe will meet to discuss challenges linked to the sustainable development of the European continent in a changing world from a human rights perspective.
The participants will discuss the following subjects:
· access to essential services;
· role of spatial development policies in environmental sustainability;
· the living environment and landscape enhancement;
· transfrontier interaction and territorial integration of the European continent.
At the end of the conference, the Ministers will examine and adopt a final declaration and resolutions on “The contribution of essential services to the sustainable spatial development of the European Continent” and “The Pan-European Charter of rural heritage: for a sustainable territorial development”.
· The conference will be held at the World Trade Center in Moscow (Krasnopresnenskaya nab. 12) and will be entirely open to the press.
· Media representatives are invited to get accredited with the Russian Ministry of regional development (see contact details below).
Ministry of regional development of the Russian Federation:
Nona Lomiya, tel.+7 495 980 25 47, mobile +7 926 775 55 55, Nona.firstname.lastname@example.org
Council of Europe:
Maguelonne Déjeant-Pons (email@example.com) or Tania Braulio (firstname.lastname@example.org),
tel. +33 (0)3 90 21 51 55 ;
Council of Europe Directorate of
Tel: +33 (0)3 88 41 25 60
Fax:+33 (0)3 88 41 39 11