Ministers' Deputies / Rapporteur Groups
Rapporteur Group on Social and Health Questions
GR-SOC(2010)CB1 25 January 20101
Meeting of 19 January 2010
1. The Rapporteur Group for Social and Health Questions (GR-SOC), chaired by Ambassador Yevhen Perelygin, Permanent Representative of Ukraine, considered the following items in the light of the notes on the agenda (document GR-SOC(2010)1).
1. “Europe’s “boat-people”: mixed migration flows by sea into southern Europe” – Parliamentary Assembly Recommendation 1850 (2008) – Draft reply
REC_1850 (2008) and CM/AS(2009)Rec1850 prov, DD(2009)474, DD(2009)477
2. The GR-SOC examined the draft reply to Parliamentary Assembly Recommendation 1850 (2008) prepared by the Secretariat (cf. CM/AS(2009)Rec1850 prov), as well as of the proposed amendments submitted by two delegations (DD(2009)474, DD(2009)477).
3. In the light of discussions, the Chair concluded that some delegations were in a position to support some or all of the amendments, whilst other delegations expressed their preference for the original text prepared by the Secretariat and would have difficulty with a number of amendments proposed. He invited those delegations who put forward oral amendments to submit them in writing and proposed that the Secretariat prepare a revised version of the draft reply, taking into account as far as possible the various positions expressed. The revised text could then be discussed at an informal meeting open to all delegations. This was agreed. The Chair further recalled that in accordance with the Deputies’ decisions,2 the revised draft reply, once finalised, would be transmitted to the Rapporteur Group on Human Rights for its consideration at a forthcoming meeting. Finally, referring to comments made by several delegations concerning the work of the Assembly in the migration field, the Chair encouraged those delegations which expressed concerns to raise this matter with the Assembly in the framework of enhanced dialogue, possibly at the Joint Committee.
2. European Committee on Migration (CDMG) – Draft terms of reference of the Ad hoc Advisory Group on reducing the risk of vulnerability of elderly migrants and improving their welfare (MG-S-MA) (CM(2009)202)
4. The Group held a first exchange of views on these terms of reference, during which one delegation expressed its view that the terms of reference could be considered rather narrow in only addressing the situation of elderly migrants, and not vulnerable groups of migrants as a whole. The same delegation also requested that further information be provided on the financial resources required for this activity. At the request of one delegation, supported by some others, the Group agreed to resume consideration of the terms of reference at its next meeting, so that the item could be considered against the backdrop of organisational reform to be presented by the Secretary General on 20 January 2010.
3. European Co-ordination Forum for the Council of Europe Disability Action Plan 2006-2015 (CAHPAH) – Draft Recommendation CM/Rec(2010)… of the Committee of Ministers to member states on community living and deinstitutionalisation of children with disabilities (CM(2009)198)
5. The Group recommended that the Deputies adopt the draft Recommendation CM/Rec(2010)… of the Committee of Ministers to member states on community living and deinstitutionalisation of children with disabilities at their 1076th meeting on 3 February 2010, without further debate.
4. European Health Committee (CDSP) – Abridged report of the 62nd meeting (Strasbourg, 13-15 October 2009) (CM(2009)182)
6. The GR-SOC examined this item, with particular attention being drawn to the planned 9th Council of Europe Conference of European Health Ministers, Portugal 2011. In response to a query regarding the financial implications of the latter, the Secretariat informed the Group that the cost for the organisation of a Ministerial Conference, currently estimated at €25 000, would be refined in the framework of the 2011 budget, in the light of the contribution of the host country. Having noted that one delegation expressed its authorities’ position that it did not consider that such a Conference was necessary, the Group agreed to recommend that the Deputies, at their 1076th meeting on 3 February 2010, adopt the decisions as they appeared in the annotated agenda, as amended3 during the meeting, without further debate.
5. European Committee for Social Cohesion (CDCS) – Draft terms of reference of the Ad hoc Advisory Group on Children’s Rights and Social Services (CS-S-CRS) (CM(2009)199)
7. Having agreed to one delegation’s proposal to include a reference to Recommendation CM/Rec(2010)… of the Committee of Ministers to member states on community living and deinstitutionalisation of children with disabilities (subject to its adoption by the Committee of Ministers on 3 February) in the terms of reference, the Group agreed ad referendum 4 to recommend that the Deputies, at their 1076th meeting on 3 February 2010, approve the terms of reference of the CS-S-CRS without further debate.
6. European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines (EDQM)
a. European Committee on Blood Transfusion (CD-P-TS) (CM(2009)203)
i. Abridged report of the 5th meeting (Amsterdam, 5-6 November 2009)
ii. Draft terms of reference of the CD-P-TS
8. The GR-SOC recommended that the Deputies, in their composition restricted to Representatives of the States Parties to the Convention on the Elaboration of a European Pharmacopoeia,5 take note of the report and approve the terms of reference, without further debate, at their 1076th meeting on 3 February 2010.
b. European Committee on Organ Transplantation (CD-P-TO) (CM(2009)204)
i. Abridged report of the 5th meeting (Berlin, 2-3 October 2009)
ii. Draft terms of reference of the CD-P-TO
9. The GR-SOC recommended that the Deputies, in their composition restricted to Representatives of the States Parties to the Convention on the Elaboration of a European Pharmacopoeia,5 take note of the report and approve the terms of reference, without further debate, at their 1076th meeting on 3 February 2010. The Group also noted the proposal from one delegation that the CD-P-TO hold two meetings during the year rather than one, and agreed to transmit it to the committee concerned for consideration.
7. “Equality and diversity in local authority employment and service provision”– Recommendation 262 (2009) of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities
REC_262 (2009), CM/Cong(2009)Rec262 prov, CM/Cong(2010)Rec262 prov add
10. The GR-SOC examined the draft reply prepared by the Secretariat as contained in document CM/Cong(2009)Rec262 prov. It agreed to submit the draft reply to the Deputies for adoption without further debate at their 1076th meeting on 3 February 2010.
8 Communication by the Director General of DG III
11. The Director General’s communication on DG III’s main activities in recent and coming months was distributed before the meeting (reference DD(2010)20).
9. Any other business
10. Date of next meeting
Tuesday, 23 February 2010 at 3 p.m.
1 Ce document a été classé en diffusion restreinte le jour de la diffusion ; il sera déclassifié conformément à la Résolution Res(2001)6 sur l'accès aux documents du Conseil de l'Europe.
3 Cf. CM/Notes(2010)1076/6.3.
4 The deadline expired at 3.00 pm on Friday, 22 January 2010.
5 Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, “the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”, Turkey and United Kingdom.