Ministers' Deputies / Rapporteur Groups
Rapporteur Group on Legal Co-operation
GR-J(2005)CB7 23 September 20051
Meeting of 20 September 2005
1. The Rapporteur Group on Legal Co-operation (GR-J) met on 20 September 2005, with Mr Niels-Jørgen NEHRING, Permanent Representative of Denmark, in the Chair. The Group adopted the agenda, as contained in the letter convening the meeting (GR-J(2005)OJ7).
European Committee on Legal Co-operation (CDCJ) – Freedom of movement between the Council of Europe member states
2. At the request of two delegations, wishing to make some further proposals under this item, the item was postponed to a forthcoming meeting.
European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages – First report of the Committee of Experts in respect of Spain
3. For the purpose of the examination of reports by the Committee of Experts under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages, the Group agreed to a procedure whereby delegations wishing to make comments on the reports or the recommendations contained therein, inform the Chairman or the Secretariat 3-5 working days before the Group’s meeting. This procedure would prevent unnecessary delays in the examination of reports, as it would make it possible to prepare the meeting properly and to invite a representative of the Committee of Experts to explain its position if need be.
4. Following a presentation of the monitoring procedure under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages and of the Spanish report, by the Director of co-operation for local and regional democracy, Mr Philip Blair, the Group agreed to transmit the Report to the Deputies for adoption of the draft Recommendations without further debate.
Any other business
Date of the next meeting
6. The next meeting would take place on 20 October 2005 at 3 pm.
Note 1 This document has been classified restricted at the date of issue. Unless the Committee of Ministers decides otherwise, it will be declassified according to the rules set up in Resolution Res(2001)6 on access to Council of Europe documents.