06/15 a) Abridged report of the 62nd meeting (Strasbourg, 4-7 April 2006)
7. The Group agreed on the proposed draft decisions as contained in document CM/Notes/963/4.1a and decided to transmit this item to the Deputies for the adoption of the relevant decisions at their 963rd meeting (3 May 2006) without further debate.
b) Activity report – Reform of the European Convention on Human Rights – Declaration of the Committee of Ministers “Ensuring the effectiveness of the implementation of the European Convention on Human Rights at national and European levels”
8. The GR-H examined the CDDH’s Activity report (document CM(2006)39 Addendum), including the draft Rules of the Committee of Ministers for the supervision of the execution of judgments and of the terms of friendly settlements, contained in Appendix III. The Chairman recalled that these Rules were to be approved by the Deputies for adoption at the Ministerial Session and that they were to be appended to the draft Declaration to be adopted by the Ministers. Three delegations indicated their disagreement with Rule 9 (and Rule 15) concerning communications from non-governmental organisations. A number of delegations recalled that the Rules had been extensively discussed within the CDDH and considered that this discussion should not be reopened at this stage.
9. The delegation of Azerbaijan informed the Group that it would shortly be submitting the relevant information concerning the implementation of the five Recommendations mentioned in the Declaration adopted at the 114th Session to the Secretariat.
10. The Chairman invited the interested delegations to consider the possibilities for finding a compromise formulation, while underlining that the CDDH had discussed the Rules at length. The Group would come back to this issue at its meeting on 2 May 2006. He noted that Rule 9 (and Rule 15) was the only outstanding issue relating to the Activity Report that the GR-H would have to discuss at that meeting.
06/01 Reform of the European Convention on Human Rights – The implementation of the decisions adopted by the Committee of Ministers at its 114th Session (12 May 2004)
11. The GR-H also examined the draft report contained in document CM(2006)39 prov. 2 and the draft Declaration contained in document CM(2006)65 prov. as well as proposals for amendments made by delegations. It instructed the Secretariat to prepare revised versions of these documents in the light of the discussions which had taken place, for its meeting on 2 May 2006.
06/16 European Social Charter - Governmental Committee of the European Social Charter
New system for the presentation of reports on the application of the European Social Charter
Proposal of the Governmental Committee
12. The Group agreed on the proposed draft decisions as contained in document CM/Notes/963/4.2 and decided to transmit this item to the Deputies for the adoption of the relevant decisions at their 963rd meeting (3 May 2006) without further debate.
- Other business
Advisory Committee of the Framework Convention – Election of candidates in respect of:
06/17 - Latvia
13. The GR-H held an informal exchange of views on the candidates submitted in respect of Latvia. It took note of the preference expressed by the Latvian authorities for the first-named candidate and agreed to transmit the list in that order to the Deputies with a view to electing an expert at their 963rd meeting (3 May 2006).
European Court of Human Rights – Election of a judge – Informal exchange of views on the list of candidates in respect of:
06/18 - Monaco
14. The GR-H held an informal exchange of views on the candidates submitted in respect of Monaco and agreed to transmit the list to the Deputies with a view to transmitting it to the Assembly at their 964th meeting (10 May 2006).
- Date of the next meeting
15. The next regular GR-H meeting will take place on Tuesday 13 June 2006 at 10 a.m.