Ministers' Deputies / Rapporteur Groups
Rapporteur Group on Education, Culture, Sport, Youth and Environment
GR-C(2010)CB3 26 April 20101
Meeting of 20 April 2010
1. The Rapporteur Group on Education, Culture, Sport, Youth and Environment (GR-C) met on
20 April 2010 with Ambassador Petter WILLE, Permanent Representative of Norway, in the Chair, in the absence of Ambassador Guido BELLATTI CECCOLI. The Group considered the following items, having regard to the annotated agenda (GR-C(2010)4). The agenda (GR-C(2010)OJ3 rev2) was adopted.
1. Parliamentary Assembly Recommendation 1884 (2009) – Draft reply
“Cultural education: the promotion of cultural knowledge, creativity and intercultural understanding through education”
REC_1884 (2009) and CM/AS(2010)Rec1884 prov
2. The GR-C considered the draft reply to the aforementioned recommendation as set out in document CM/AS(2010)Rec1884 prov, and agreed to transmit it to the Deputies for adoption without further debate at their 1083rd meeting (21 April 2010).
2. Enlarged Partial Agreement on Sport (EPAS)
Draft Recommendation CM/Rec(2010)…of the Committee of Ministers to member states
on the revised Code of Sports Ethics
3. The Group examined this item and recommended that the Deputies adopt the draft Recommendation CM/Rec(2010)… of the Committee of Ministers to member states on the revised Code of Sports Ethics at their 1084th meeting (5 May 2010), without further debate, subject to possible comments to be submitted by a delegation.
3. Steering Committee for Education (CDED)
a. Abridged report of the 9th plenary session (Strasbourg, 24-26 February 2010)
b. Draft Recommendation Rec(2010)… of the Committee of Ministers to member states on the Council of Europe Charter on Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education and its Explanatory Memorandum
CM(2010)32 and CM(2010)32 add
4. The Group considered the above-mentioned texts and recommended that the draft Recommendation Rec(2010)… on Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education be submitted to the Committee of Ministers for adoption at the 120th Ministerial Session. It agreed to recommend that the Deputies adopt a decision in this vein, without further debate, at their 1084th meeting (5 May 2010).
4. 10th Anniversary of the European Landscape Convention (CETS 176) – Exchange of views with Mr Jean-François Seguin, Chair of the Council of Europe Conference on the European Landscape Convention
5. This item was postponed to a forthcoming meeting.
5. Council of Europe 2010 Exchange on the religious dimension of intercultural dialogue –
GR-C(2010)5 (to be issued)
6. This item was postponed to a forthcoming meeting.
6. Baku Youth Initiative Fund
7. The Group considered the information document on the proposal to launch the Baku Youth Initiative Fund and requested that the Committee of Ministers be included in the evaluation process envisaged for the Fund (cf CM/Inf(2010)17rev). It recommended that this issue be examined by the Rapporteur Group on Programme, Budget and Administration (GR-PBA) before being transmitted to the Ministers’ Deputies.
7. Information item: (no debate foreseen)
Written communication by the Director General of DGIV / Co-ordinator for Intercultural Dialogue
8. The Group took note of the written communication of the Director General of DGIV and Co-ordinator for Intercultural Dialogue submitted on recent developments in her Directorate General’s field of activity.
8. Any other business
9. No question was raised.
9. Date of the next meeting
10. The next meeting of the GR-C is scheduled for Tuesday 8 June 2010 at 3 p.m.
1 This document has been classified restricted at the date of issue; it will be declassified in accordance with Resolution Res(2001)6 on access to Council of Europe documents.