Notes on the Agenda
CM/Notes/980/11.5 9 November 20061
980 Meeting, 21-23 November 2006
11 Administration and Logistics
11.5 Pension Reserve Fund –
Membership of the Management Board
To nominate to the Management Board of the pension reserve fund:
- 1 member on the proposal of member states,
in accordance with Article 5 of Resolution Res(2006)1 on the Statute of the Pension Reserve Fund of the Council of Europe.
1. At their 954th meeting (1 February 2006), the Deputies invited member states to submit candidatures of specialists with expertise in the management of investment funds for nomination to the Management Board in accordance with Article 5, paragraph 1.a of the resolution.
2. At their 965th meeting (24 May 2006), the Deputies nominated three members on the proposal of member states and invited member states to submit candidatures of specialists with expertise in the management of investment funds for nomination to the Management Board in accordance with Article 5, paragraph 1.a of Resolution Res(2006)1, by 31 May 2006, so that they could proceed to the nomination of the remaining one member of the Management Board, for a term of appointment of 5 years.
3. As no candidates were received, the Deputies decided to extend the deadline for the submission of candidates to the Management Board of the Pension Reserve Fund to 31 October 2006 and encouraged member states to submit candidates for the one remaining place on the Board (978/11.9).
4. A candidature has been received from Poland (see Appendix to these Notes).
980th meeting – 21-23 November 2006
Pension Reserve Fund –
Membership of the Management Board
The Deputies decided to make the following nomination to the Management Board of the Pension Reserve Fund in accordance with Article 5 of Resolution Res(2006)1:
- Arkadiusz Huzarek on the proposal of Poland, for a term of appointment of 5 years.
Married, two children
2006 Ministry of Finance
Acting Director of the Financial Market Development Department
Regulations on development of financial market; banking and insurance sector, capital market (investment funds, pension funds) cooperation with OECD (Financial Markets Committee, Committee on Insurance and Private Pensions), EC (Financial Services Committee, European Security Committee, European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Committee, European Banking Committee) and other international bodies
Acting Director of the Minister of Finance’s Office
2005 - 2006 „WARTA” Insurance Association Co. and „WARTA” Life Insurance Association Co.
Expert in Compliance Team in the Legal Department;
Internal regulations supervision, organization and assurance corporate governance, cooperation with internal audit division
2001 - 2005 KBC Investment Funds Association Co.
Legal Counsel, Internal Supervision Inspector
Preparation of internal regulations for company and investment funds;
Preparation of investment funds statutes, prospectus of issuance, cooperation agreements with brokers and distributors;
Implementation and supervision of regulations on confidential information, professional secrecy, protection of personal data, money laundering, cooperation and contacts with the Securities and Stock Exchanges Commission and other central administration bodies;
1999 - 2001 Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration
Senior Executive Officer
Duties in EU Integration and Foreign Cooperation; conducting the Secretariat of Intergovernmental Commissions for Trans-border Interregional Cooperation (Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Kaliningrad Area)
Implementation and Monitoring of the Public Administration Reform Department; preparation of the basic regulations on public administration
Member of the Financial Supervision Commission
Member of the Supervisory Board of Warsaw Stock Exchange (resignation caused by appointment as a Member of Financial Supervision Commission)
President of the Supervisory Board of Export Credits Insurance Corporation Co. (resignation caused by appointment as a Member of Financial Supervision Commission)
English fluent, German basic, Russian basic
1993 - 1998 Maria Curie – Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland – Master Degree in Law
Note 1 This document has been classified restricted at the date of issue. Unless the Committee of Ministers decides otherwise, it will be declassified according to the rules set up in Resolution Res(2001)6 on access to Council of Europe documents.