Notes on the Agenda
CM/Notes/921/11.1 18 March 20051
921 Meeting, 30 March 2005
11 Administration and Logistics
11.1 Early retirement
To take note of the Secretary General's intention to continue the implementation of the early retirement scheme and authorise its financing by way of an internal loan over 5 years (2006-2010)
1. This item has been examined on two occasions by the GR-AB (see documents GR-AB(2005)CB1 and CB2). After the second examination and at the invitation of the Chair of GR-AB, the Secretariat prepared a revised document on the early retirement scheme together with revised decisions in the light of comments made by delegations. The revised document – GR-AB(2005)3 revised – was distributed on 2 March 2005, together with revised draft decisions (GR-AB(2005)3 revised addendum).
2. The Chair of the GR-AB invited delegations to submit their comments within two weeks of the date of distribution of the revised document; depending on those reactions, the item would then either be forwarded to the Deputies for approval or, if necessary, debate would continue in the next GR-AB meeting.
3. No comments having been received as at the date of these Notes. The Deputies are thus invited to adopt the draft decisions below.
Financing assured: Continuation of relevant budgetary appropriations at the same level as the current year, i.e. €484 800, over a five year period (see draft decision 2 below)
921st meeting – 30 March 2005
1. took note of the Secretary General's intention to continue the implementation of the early retirement scheme under the provisions of the statutory texts and rules in force to terminate the service of permanent staff of the Council of Europe, in the light of the objectives listed in paragraph 4 of document GR-AB(2005)3 revised;
2. authorised the Secretary General to finance these measures by way of an internal loan funded from cash surpluses, to be reimbursed over a five year period from 2006 to 2010 in instalments not exceeding € 484 800;
3. invited the Secretary General to report to the Committee of Ministers on progress on the implementation of these measures before the end of 2005.
Note 1 This document has been classified restricted at the date of issue. Unless the Committee of Ministers decides otherwise, it will be declassified according to the rules set up in Resolution Res(2001)6 on access to Council of Europe documents.