952nd meeting – 11 January 2006
Steering Committee for Cultural Heritage (CDPAT) –
Abridged report of the 4th plenary session (Strasbourg, 12-14 October 2005)
(CM/Del/Dec(2005)951/7.4 and CM(2005)177)
1. adopted the terms of reference of the Steering Committee for Cultural Heritage (CDPAT) for the period 2006 to 2007, as they appear at Appendix 5 to the present volume of Decisions;
2. agreed to bear in mind, when drawing up the 2007 programme of activities, the CDPAT’s proposal concerning the development of a Council of Europe plan for the sustainable management of cultural heritage to strengthen implementation of all the Organisation’s reference texts in this field and to help public authorities to ensure the progress of heritage policies;
3. recommended that all member states join the “HEREIN” European Heritage Network and make extensive use of it as a source of information and exchanges of good practice;
4. took note of the CDPAT’s opinion on the Council of Europe’s draft action plan for people with disabilities,1 as it appears in Appendix 3 to CM(2005)177, as well as of the fact that the CDPAT had transmitted it to the Committee on the Rehabilitation and Integration of People with Disabilities (CD-P-RR);
5. took note of the CDPAT’s opinion on Parliamentary Assembly Recommendation 1717 (2005) on education for leisure activities, as it appears in Appendix 4 to CM(2005)177 and asked the GR-C to bear it in mind when preparing a draft reply;
6. having regard to decisions 1 to 5 above, took note of the abridged report of the 4th plenary session of the CDPAT, as it appears in document CM(2005)177, as a whole.
Note 1 See document P-SG(2005)15.