925th meeting – 3-4 May 2005
- in order to achieve the objectives listed in paragraph 4 of document GR-AB(2005)3 rev.;
- in the context of the current reform of the human resources policy;
1. decided to renew the optional early retirement scheme for the permanent staff of the Council of Europe according to the existing regulations;
2. authorised the Secretary General to finance these measures by way of an internal loan of a maximum of € 2 424 000 funded from cash surpluses, to be reimbursed over a five-year period, from 2006 to 2010, in instalments not exceeding € 484 800 each;
3. invited the Secretary General to report to their Rapporteur Group on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (GR-AB) before the end of 2005 and thereafter twice a year if necessary, on each phase of the implementation of the measures, taking account of the comments of delegations on this matter;
4. invited the GR-AB to examine the question of re-employment of retired staff by the Organisation and other aspects of the early retirement scheme at its next meeting.