CM(2006)146 volume 3 addendum 12 October 20061
980 Meeting, 21-23 November 2006
11 Administration and Logistics
11.1 Draft Budget for 2007
Budgets of the Partial Agreements
Draft Budget on the Partial Agreement "Eurimages" following decisions taken by its Management Board
During its 102nd meeting (8-10 October 2006, Strasbourg) the Management Board of Eurimages adopted the following decisions :
“ 5. The Board of Management decides by consensus:
- to increase the Member States’ minimal contributions from 0,4000% (in 2006) to 0,5000% (in 2007);
- that the amount which results from this increase will, by applying the principle of the lifting of the capital’s Fund, increase the total amount of contributions for 2007;
- to adopt the scale and the amount of the Member States’ obligatory contributions for 2007, as represented in document DGIV/EUR (2006) 30 for a total amount of 20 056 310 €.
Moreover, the Board of Management adopts the principle of lifting the ceiling of the Fund’s capital for all new accessions. In view of and considering that the accession of a new Member State represents a certain number of new projects to finance, the contribution of the new Member State must come in addition to the Funds’ capital, in order to finance these new projects
6. The Board of Management adopts the draft budget for 2007 DGIV/EUR (2006) 22 REV for a total amount of 22 185 310 €, which is composed of:
- 2 238 000 € for operational expenses; and
- 19 947 310 € for programme expenses. ”
The following pages present the consequences of these decisions on the Draft Resolution on the Partial Agreement on the European Support Fund for the coproduction and distribution of creative cinematographic and audio-visual works "Eurimages" 2007 Budget.
Draft Resolution Res(2006)…
on the Partial Agreement on the European Support Fund
for the coproduction and distribution of
creative cinematographic and audio-visual works "Eurimages"
(Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on … 2006
at the …th meeting of the Ministers’ Deputies)
The Committee of Ministers, under the terms of Article 16 of the Statute of the Council of Europe and in its composition restricted to the Representatives of the States members of the Partial Agreement on the European Support Fund for the coproduction and distribution of creative cinematographic and audio-visual works "Eurimages",2
Having regard to Resolution (88) 15 of 26 October 1988 setting up a European Support Fund for the co-production and distribution of creative cinematographic and audio-visual works "Eurimages";
Having regard to the decision of the Ministers’ Deputies (CM/Del/Dec(2000)718, item 11.5) amending Article 4.2 of Resolution (88) 15;
Having regard to Articles 19, 21 and 28 of the Financial Regulations of the Council of Europe;
Having regard to the decision of the Board of Management of Eurimages on the method of calculating the scale of member states’ contributions adopted at its 64th (December 1999) and its 66th meeting (May 2000);
Having regard to the decision of the Board of Management of Eurimages, adopted at its …th meeting (…, … 2006) on the amount of obligatory contributions applicable for 2007, it being understood that this amount may be amended in the event of the accession of a member state;
Having regard to the draft budget for 2007 submitted by the Secretary General (document CM(2006)… Vol. III);
Having regard to the Budget Committee's report of … 2006 (document CM(2006)…),
Resolves as follows:
1. The budget of operational expenditure for 2007, totalling € 2 238 000 as presented in Table A appended hereto is hereby approved.
2. The budget of programme expenditure shall be equal to the difference between the total of the budget of receipts and the total of the budget of operational expenditure.
3. The total of the budget of receipts shall be a function of collected receipts and adjusted accordingly in the course of the financial year.
4. Approval is hereby given to the apportionment, among the States members of the Partial Agreement on the European Support Fund for the co-production and distribution of creative cinematographic and audio-visual works “Eurimages”, of the contribution for 2007, totalling € 20 056 310 according to Table C appended hereto and calculated in accordance with the scale and apportionment of contributions adopted by the partial agreement’s Board of Management.
Appendix to Resolution Res(2006)…
(1) Of which an amount of € 24 100 is frozen pending a decision by the Committee of Ministers on salary adjustment.
(1) Rates of contribution for 2007, have been calculated on the basis of Resolution (94) 31.
Note 1 This document has been classified restricted at the date of issue. Unless the Committee of Ministers decides otherwise, it will be declassified according to the rules set up in Resolution Res(2001)6 on access to Council of Europe documents.
Note 2 States concerned: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, “the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” and Turkey.